Welcome to the Contributing Photographers Program and thank you for your interest. We invite you to share your talent and generosity to help and comfort others throughout the world.
Our founder Teresa Coles created Shutterheart Stories as a collaborative effort of volunteer photographers to provide a way for patients, family members and caregivers to experience nature in times when they are unable to be outside. We create and provide photo stories made available on this website for patients and their care givers to access during times of treatment or recovery for encouragement and to reduce stress or feelings of isolation. We hope that you will join us in our mission to ease the stress and to comfort others.
We have created an exciting program for photographers of all levels to contribute to our cause, to put as many beautiful photographs of nature as possible into online stories and slideshows to be shared with as many patients, caregivers, hospitals and treatment centers as possible throughout the world.
Below is how it works:
- Register and create your profile. Be sure to include info on how people can contact you such as your email, social media pages, or your own website. You will not be able to upload photo stories until you register.
- Post the Title for your story and the story you want to share with your photos.
- Choose a category for your story and add tags to help your story appear in searches.
- In the box labeled “cover” upload the photo which you want to be the cover for your story.
- In the remaining boxes upload the photos for the rest of your story in the order you want them to appear (up to 10 photos).
- Let us know if you want to receive updates and complete the security verification.
- Click the “submit” button and our webmaster will be notified. Once your story has been reviewed it will be posted and you will be notified. Please keep photos and stories content appropriate for all ages including young children.
The benefits for you, the photographer, are fantastic as well:
- Your name and artwork will be displayed on our website, blog, and social media sites.
- There will be media exposure (when possible and applicable).
You may add “Contributing Photographer, ShutterHeart Stories” to your resume.
- Your name will show up in search engines.
- You’ll know that your talent will comfort and help others.
We are looking for work that is of nature and helps bring the outdoors to those who are unable to be outdoors.
Again, thank you for your interest. We truly hope that you will join us in our mission to provide comfort to patients, families and hospital workers all over the globe with our photography. Together, this dream could become reality.